Want to work with us? Apply for a job with UCPM today!
Under general direction of the Property Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the day-to-day upkeep of the properties managed by UCPM. Helping to foster good management/tenant relations, professionalism, routine building upkeep and repairs represent most of the work performed by the Maintenance Technician on a daily basis. The maintenance technician is an important part of the UCPM team and represents the organization to the public though their work.
- Performs maintenance repairs, including those involving cleaning, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, mechanical systems, wall repair and painting.
- Responds to daily work orders and maintenance requests from Property Manager and/or tenants.
- Reports unusual occurrences or suspicious activities to Supervisor and apartment manager.
- Keeps apartment managers informed of maintenance issues.
- Provide effective and courteous service to residents, their guests, and co-workers.
- Ensures fire, life, and safety equipment is maintained on a regular schedule
- Establishes and follows building preventive maintenance schedules.
- Responds to building emergencies after hours.
- Performs landscape maintenance on grounds for buildings managed by UCPM, including mowing, edging, weed abatement, and fertilizing
- Effectively uses UCPM property management and maintenance software
- Six months consecutive experience in residential, institutional, or commercial building and grounds maintenance
- Ability to operate power tools and landscaping equipment.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license and motor vehicle report that matches company insurer’s minimum guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess an even temperament and strong people skills with a commitment to customer service
- Ability, willingness, and sensitivity in working with a diverse population.
- Sound judgment, excellent assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in team setting or independently.
- Effective communication, organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations
Ability to perform medium to heavy work involving sitting, standing, walking, and lifting up to 75 pounds.